In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
80. And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, “Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds [i.e., peoples]?
81. Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people.”
82. But the answer of his people was only that they said, “Evict them from your city! Indeed, they are men who keep themselves pure.”
83. So We saved him and his family, except for his wife; she was of those who remained [with the evildoers].
84. And We rained upon them a rain [of stones]. Then see how was the end of the criminals.
Sura 7. Al-A’raf (The Heights)
: such as none preceding you has committed: To learn more about the Prophet Lut (Lot) (peace be upon him) and the sins that his nation committed (i.e. homosexuality, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, sodomy, etc.) there is an excellent series on the lives of the Prophets here and a 2nd series specifically on the characteristics of perished nations here.