In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
44. Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness and each and every act of obedience to Allah) on the people and you forget (to practise it) yourselves, while you recite the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)]! Have you then no sense?
45. And seek help in patience and As-Salât (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khâshi’un [i.e. the true believers in Allah – those who obey Allah with full submission, fear much from His Punishment, and believe in His Promise (Paradise, etc.) and in His Warnings (Hell, etc.)].
46. (They are those) who are certain that they are going to meet their Lord, and that unto Him they are going to return.
47. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you and that I preferred you to the ‘Alamin (mankind and jinns) (of your time period, in the past).
48. And fear a Day (of Judgement) when a person shall not avail another, nor will intercession be accepted from him nor will compensation be taken from him nor will they be helped.
Sura 2. Al-Baqarah (The Cow)