In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Alif, Lam, Mim, Sad.
2. [This is] a Book revealed to you, [O Muhammad] – so let there not be in your breast distress therefrom – that you may warn thereby and as a reminder to the believers.
3. Follow, [O mankind], what has been revealed to you from your Lord and do not follow other than Him any allies. Little do you remember.
4. And how many cities have We destroyed, and Our punishment came to them at night or while they were sleeping at noon.
5. And their declaration when Our punishment came to them was only that they said, “Indeed, we were wrongdoers!”
6. Then We will surely question those to whom [a message] was sent, and We will surely question the messengers.
7. Then We will surely relate [their deeds] to them with knowledge, and We were not [at all] absent.
8. And the weighing [of deeds] that Day will be the truth. So those whose scales are heavy – it is they who will be the successful.
9. And those whose scales are light – they are the ones who will lose themselves for what injustice they were doing toward Our verses.
10. And We have certainly established you upon the earth and made for you therein ways of livelihood. Little are you grateful.
Sura 7. Al-Araf
 Al-Araf: The Elevations, referring to the partition between Paradise and Hell. We will keep the word al-Araf because there is no equivalent in English.
 the messengers: here the Prophets (peace be upon them) who have a mission with men or the Angels (peace be upon them) who carry out the orders of Allah.