In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
9. Verily, this Qur’ân guides to that which is most just and right and gives glad tidings to the believers (in the Oneness of Allâh and His Messenger, Muhammad , etc.). who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a great reward (Paradise).
10. And that those who believe not in the Hereafter (i.e. they disbelieve that they will be recompensed for what they did in this world, good or bad, etc.), for them We have prepared a painful torment (Hell).
11. And man invokes (Allâh) for evil as he invokes (Allâh) for good and man is ever hasty [i.e., if he is angry with somebody, he invokes (saying): “O Allâh! Curse him, etc.” and that one should not do, but one should be patient].
12. And We have appointed the night and the day as two Ayât (signs etc.). Then, We have made dark the sign of the night while We have made the sign of day illuminating, that you may seek bounty from your Lord, and that you may know the number of the years and the reckoning. And We have explained everything (in detail) with full explanation.
13. And We have fastened every man’s deeds to his neck, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall bring out for him a book which he will find wide open.
14. (It will be said to him): “Read your book. You yourself are sufficient as a reckoner against you this Day.”
15. Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his ownself. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another’s burden. And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).
Sura 17. Al-Isra’ (The Journey by Night)